This is what I'm working on this week, A Jack and Sally wedding cake topper for a Halloween wedding for some friends of ours. As you can see I've got a bit done, but still quite a bit to go. I'm still up in the air on how I'm going to finish..
So far, I have made all the armatures, using, newspaper & a light wooden base (in the curly hill), wood, foil and tape in all.
I plan on using super sculpy to finish off the 2 figures of Jack and Sally, but I'm going to try to do it in great moderation. Jack is so thin that I think he's already thin enough in the arms and legs.. But his head and suit tails/details are a must. . Same with sally, I'm going to try to flesh her out mostly with the armature..
Then.. we'll see.. I've not used tape before in armatures, so I don't know how well it is to work with. I know I will have to spray it down with a primer regardless, and I have some heavy duty stuff already to work with.. Then I'm going to do a few tests pieces and see if it wouldn't be easier to do a modge podge with Tissue paper and varnish, instead of painting.. Not that I'm against painting it.. I just think it might add an interesting texture.. and also.. If I can pre-paint jacks pin-stripes before applying them then that would save me a ton of time and energy.
So lots of fun new things going on with this project, I love thinking outside of the box, and here's hoping it turns out great and my friends love it too!